It’s a Driver's responsibility
UK law requires that your vehicle is fitted with the correct type and size of tyres for the vehicle type you are driving and for the purpose it is being used. This means fitting the right tyres, and for safety ensuring that they are inflated to the manufacturer's recommended pressure.
New regulations like Corporate and Social Responsibility and the Duty of Care regulation place even greater focus on the need to carry out regular tyre checks as part of a routine maintenance plan. Xpress provides a free tyre check service on a drive in basis, where the condition of a tyre is inspected, tyre tread depths are measured and tyre pressures checked and corrected. The findings are detailed in a written report for you convenience.
So there are many different reasons for tyre wear. Your tyres don't just get worn through age and use, but through emergency braking, under-inflation or over-inflation and can be easily damaged by poorly maintained roads. And if your wheels are misaligned, one edge of the tyre can wear more rapidly than the other.
We want to help you maintain your tyres in the best condition possible and provide a free tyre check service at Xpress for your convenience.
Tyre Check at Xpress
- Your routine vehicle maintenance schedule should include a tyre check
- For maximum tyre life check your tyre pressure settings regularly.
- A Free Xpress check includes tyre condition, pressures & wheel alignment.
- No-appointment necessary, operated on a drive in basis, open 6 days a week.
- Xpress recommends you check your tyres every 2 weeks.